PROTECT YOUR HOME
Choose Sogemec for your home insurance and get exclusive rates on quality products and services.
The Sogemec insurance plan offers comprehensive all-risk insurance as well as optional coverage that can be tailored to meet your needs.
CHOOSE FROM A WIDE RANGE OF COVERAGE OPTIONS
Water damage coverage – Provides additional coverage (on top of the basic insurance) for ground water damage, including:
- Sewer back-up
- Seepage or influx of water from natural sources through foundations and basement walls, doors or other openings
Earthquake coverage – Covers property damage caused by ground movements occurring during earthquakes
Umbrella policy – Provides additional liability insurance for losses that occur anywhere in the world
One perk of having home insurance with us! – As a member of the Corporation de service de la Chambre des notaires du Québec, you have access to Identity Theft Assistance service, at no extra charge.
Identity Theft Assistance
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Identity Theft Assistance is a confidential service. If your identity has been stolen, or you suspect that it might have been, call our lawyers or psychologists1, day or night, to:
- Get advice on how to prevent identity theft
- Ask questions about identity theft
- Get help to recover your identity2
Already have home insurance with us? Call 1 877 870-4973.
Make sure to have your policy number on hand when you call.
THIS SERVICE CAN HELP YOU IF:
- Your passport is stolen and you want to know how to protect yourself
- You lose your social insurance card and want to make sure no one has applied for credit in your name
- You lose your wallet and want to know where to begin to get new pieces of ID
This service is offered to clients who have a home insurance policy with The Personal. Conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply.
- Our identity theft lawyers are available Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding holidays). Outside of these hours, a coordinator from The Personal Assistance Services will walk you through the initial steps and a lawyer will call you back. Our psychologist service consists of a complimentary one-hour telephone consultation to help you manage the stress associated with identity theft, and must be used within a year of the Identity Theft Assistance file being opened.
- Identity Theft Assistance provides a service only; it does not cover any financial losses.
The Sogemec group insurance plan is underwritten by The Personal General Insurance Inc. Some conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply to the offers described above. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails.